Queen's Park Savannah, Trinidad
The Queen's Park Savannah is the main recreation park in Port of Spain. In the late 18th century the area was a sugar estate owned by the Peschier family. The Savannah was officially named the Queen's Park when Queen Victoria ascended the throne in 1838 (Anthony, 2008).
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
Unknown author (W.C Ross and Co. Ltd, Port of Spain, Trinidad, 2009-02-09)Vendors sell their vegetable produce by the roadside, outside of a hardware store. Under the eves of the stores are at least two horse and carriages and you can see the back of an automobile at right. The postcard post ...
Unknown author (W.C Ross and Co. Ltd, Port of Spain, Trinidad, 2009-02-09)A group of vendors sell their vegetable produce by the roadside, near a hardware store. There are two horse and carriages in the background near the buildings and the back of an automobile can be seen at right.
Unknown author (2009-02-09)Street vendors sell their vegetable produce on vending stands on the roadside, outside of the Green Flag Bar. The baskets that once held their produce are neatly tucked under the tables that now hold the produce. A sign ...